Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Losing a friend

Yesterday we got bad news. Shanes friend Dan had fell off of his boat while working in Texas and had not resurfaced. It happened around 8pm Sunday night and rescuers had searched until Midnight for him with no luck. Monday around 9:45am they found him.




There are no words to describe how sad this is. Dans mother passed away last year from cancer and it was a very hard struggle for their family to get through the pain of losing her.
Dan was a great guy. I had only been around him a handful of times but everyone always had a story to tell about him. He was a great father, brother, son, husband and friend. He will be greatly missed.





Last year I had the great opportunity to take family pictures of the Parkers. Being around them all was so inspiring. This was a family going through something I hope I never have to experience. Ann had cancer and they werent expected her to live very much longer. I had only met Ann a few times and I felt like I had known her my whole life. She was an amazing woman. The thing that sticks in my head the most is that even though Ann knew she didnt have long to live, she never gave up hope. She had a shirt on that said "Never give up hope."
The Parkers have been through so much and have grown with each other along the way. They are very strong people to have endured the pain of loosing two very special links in their family chain within the past year and a half. It wont be an easy time to get through but as Ann would say - "Never give up hope."







There was a very powerful quote on Amy Parkers blog: "You cant put a question mark where God put a period". This is so true.

I hope that Dans girls grow up knowing how special Dan was. He loved them more than anything and you could tell just by how he was with them.



"How lucky we are to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard"

And for every yellow belly drank - it will be drank for you my friend...

No comments: